Then, at the end of the year, we see where it was that our efforts lined up best.
Welcome to this year's look back at the top posts here at GonzoGeek.
Before we get started, a disclaimer. After discussion amongst the group, it was decided that beginning this year, our list would include only that work actually generated between the last "Top 10" post and today. No historical posts are going to be on the list, though I will tell you which historical post was the most popular.
This, by definition, also means we won't have another Cheesecake of the Year like we did with Nadine Velazquez
in 2009 and 2010. No, this year, Denise Richards will pass her crown to a our most viewed newcomer in 2012.
So, as we assemble our top 10 list, let me introduce you to the new Cheesecake of the Year, Cobie Smulders.
Between her work on How I Met Your Mother
and a little arthouse movie called The Avengers
, Ms. Smulders has been more in the public eye than ever this year and it translates into what I'm sure she will consider a major award.
I'm sure her husband will be proud. He might even dance.
Let's see what you liked, shall we?
Before we get to the list let's take a look at the historial (pre-2012) you, our readers, read most often. I'll be the first to admit I didn't follow MMA as closely in 2012 as I have in the past. I left that up to John
. So, I'm not sure what's going on with Matt Hamill, but our Matt's 2011 screed on Hamill's biopic
drew a lot of looks.
And now, your Top 10:
10. Formula 1 2012: US Grand Prix Video Special - Circuit of the America's
- Chris continues to cover motorsports for us. He knows his Formula 1 and it shows in the writing and the views that writing generates. This is the first F1 post on the list, but not the last.
9. Avengers Assemble! - Bring on the Bad Guys
- I was as jazzed about The Avengers as I was for anything on the pop culture landscape this year. So excited, in fact, that I wrote a whole series of articles prepping non-fanboys for the movie. Of course, my list of failed to list Thanos, so I missed that one.
8. Formula 1: 2011 to 2012 Driver/Team Changes Untangled
- More F1 goodness from Chris. Here he delves into the changes that would define the 2012 race season and gives you a lay of the land.
7. What I'm Into This Week - Legos Dammit!
- Who doesn't love Legos? Well, I don't when I step on one while I'm barefooted, but that's beside the point. Stephe makes an empassioned case for the sheer joy of creation with the colored plastic bricks.
6. Friday LinkFrogging - 3/30/12
- Game of Thrones
. That sums this one up. Well, that and Wrestlemania
. Somehow I managed to draw a straight line comparison between the two geek franchises. I reread it this morning. I'm still pretty proud of it.
5. Friday LinkFrogging - 6/15/12 -
This one surprises me, but I guess it really shouldn't. The lesson here is never underestimate the power of 80s glam videos, specifically those featuring Tawny Kitaen.
4. Friday LinkFrogging - 7/27/12
- John pinch hit for me while I was on vacation. He tapped into Olympic fever with his cheesecake selection and it landed him in the top 5. Well done sir.
3. Formula 1 2012 - Monaco Grand Prix
- Chris' highest charting post of the year recaps the Monaco Grand Prix in style. Even if you don't follow F1, you'll get it with this one.
2. Avengers Assemble! - 2/29/12
- On Leap Day 2012, I posted about some of the B-listers who had been on the Avengers' roster. Who knew there were so many Tigra fans out there?
1. Friday LinkFrogging - 5/4/12
- Our flagship feature wrapped in an Avengers glaze? Seemed like a can't miss proposition. It turned out to be just that. Featuring this year's Cheesecake of the Year, this post was our most viewed of the year.
As 2012 draws to a close (take that Mayans), we thank you for your continued viewership and look forward to doing this again next year.
Happy New Year to you all!