It's that time again kids.
That time of year when publications put together "best of" lists in attempt to make sense of the year that was and, if done right, draw a few extra eyes to their publication.
We here at the Geek aren't immune to this type of list making.
How is ours different?
We celebrate our own yearly achievements and serve it up with a slice of cheesecake.
This year's Cheesecake of the Year is the Celestial Madonna herself.
Please say hello, again, to Pom Klementieff.
Ms. Klementieff starred as Mantis in the MCU blockbuster, Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2.
That was enough to give her the crown and this year's honor.
What else did you like?
Let's take a look.
***Ranking Period 12/16/16 - 12/14/17***
10. FUNKO RANT: FLIPPING FLIPPERS (1/15/17)
- Stephe has found a niche that needs servicing as a member in good standing of the Funko community. In mid-January, he took on flippers and it seemed to resonate with his people.
9. FUNKO RANT: A VERY FUNKO SDCC (Fundays Review, et al) (7/30/17)
- More Funko coverage from Stephe. This time he took on SDCC and the Funko madness therein.
8. FUNKO RANT: HOW TO SHIP A POP! (12/4/17)
- Just in time for the holidays, Stephe gave a crash course on the proper way to ship a pop. Timely and helpful.
7. PHONE CHAT WITH JOHN BUSH (1/7/17)
- Aamir makes an appearance in the Top 10 thanks to his piece on his interaction with Armored Saint's John Bush.
6. MY FAVORITE ALBUMS of 2017 (12/13/17)
- Aamir goes back-to-back with his perennial favorite as he looks at his favorite metal albums of the year.
5. GONZOGEEK'S TOP 10 POSTS of 2016 (12/31/16)
- Last year's list breaks the top 5 of this year. It's appropriate as the crown is passed...
4. FRIDAY LINKFROGGING - 5/5/17 (5/5/17)
- Guardians of the Galaxy mania was high and a new face on the horizon drove this post and Pom Klementieff into their righful place on our list.
3. REVIEW - FIRST BATCH OF DC REBIRTH TRADE PAPERBACKS (2/16/17)
- I dug into the first batch of collected editions from DC. Rebirth has largely been a success and these entries showed why.
2. FUNKO RANT - FDO 2017 MISSED IT BY THAT MUCH! (5/23/17)
- Funko Day Out caused Stephe to get honest with himself and his feelings. It was...icky.
1. FUNKO RANT - SCREW YOU AND THE BEANIE BABY YOU RODE IN ON (6/18/17)
- Stephe bats .500 with his comparative study of Funko v. Ty. I think the Funko bubble has to be ready to burst. Of course, I've thought that for a couple of years now. What do I know?