It's that time of year again. The time when we celebrate all the fathers in our lives.
Now, if you're like the families of the boys here at the Geek, sometimes the search for the perfect gift can be a struggle as we've all got our special interests and those interests aren't always an easy beast to feed.
That's where we come in.
This year we're going to give you some ideas for the Geek dads in your lives.
Get out your wallet kids, we've got you covered.
FOR THE FINE ART GEEK DAD
- take a look at that picture of top. That lovely piece of work is a panel from DC's seminal Kingdom Come
mini-series. The artwork is pure Alex Ross. Now, trying to own Mr. Ross' artwork has been cost prohibitive...until now. Thanks to the fine folks at Entertain Art
, you can own quality artwork at a fraction of the price. With selections from Disney, Star Wars
, DC, Marvel and Hasbro, you are sure to find something for your Geek Dad to proudly hang on his wall.
FOR THE TREKKIE DAD
- Where Kirk got by on barrel-chested bravado and guile, his successor, Jean-Luc Picard did his finest work with his brain. He rarely felt compelled to join his landing party as they explored new worlds. Now, thanks to Penguin Random House, you can get your Picard on with the new book, What Would Captain Picard Do?
In it your Geek Dad can get words of wisdom from Picard to get him through his busy day. Make it so!
FOR THE MCU DAD
- Everyone loves the MCU. Don't believe me? Just check the box office numbers. For the MCU Dad in your life, how about an activity book. No, not a coloring book...an activity book. Specifically, we're talking about the new Guardians of the Galaxy 1000 Dot-to-Dot Book
. These aren't kids' menu dot-to-dots. These bad boys each has 1000 dots and, when completed will reveal a picture of one of the Guardians. From Rocket to Groot everyone is here.
FOR THE TOLKIEN DAD
- If there is one thing you can be sure of, its that Tolkien dad will never grow tired of talking about Lord of the Rings. Out now from HarperCollins, The Battles of Tolkien
will give your Geek Dad a whole new way to enjoy his favorite trilogy. The book features battle maps, original art and text on all things Middle Earth. It will be his precious, guaranteed.
FOR THE NEW DAD/THE WHO DAD
- One of the early struggles of Geek Dad-dom is being able to parse your obsessions into tiny, easy to understand kid-sized morsels. That's where the fine folks at Penguin Young Readers come in. Their new series of Roger Hargreaves/Doctor Who books
are a perfect introduction to the world of everyone's favorite Time Lord done in Mr. Hargreaves distinct style. The first series features the 1st, 4th, 11th and 12th Doctors, each in a distinct color and shape. These books are a lot of fun for the whole family and maybe even a few additional companions.
FOR THE FOODIE DAD
- Finally, if your dad just wants to enjoy some salty snacks while he rests on the couch, order that man some gourmet small batch pork rinds from the fine folks at Southern Recipe
. These aren't your grandmother's pork rinds. No these carefully crafted taste treats come in some exotic flavors sure to put your Geek Dad into a full blown Homer Simpson food coma before he's through.