Ricky Taylor (#10 Wayne Taylor Racing Cadillac DPi) took pole position for tomorrow’s Advance Autoparts Sportscar Showdown by 1.592 sec over the next fastest qualifier, Johannes van Overbeek in the #22 Extreme Speed Motorsports Nissan DPi.
Only three cars make up the Prototype Challenge field for the event. James French took PC pole in the #38 Performance Tech Motorsports entry.
BMW Team RLL put both its M6s in the Top 3 of the GT Le Mans grid. John Edwards (#24) took pole and Alexander Sims (#25) third. Giancarlo Fisichella split the duo in the #62 Risi Competitzione Ferrari 488. The Top 5 GTLM qualifiers were separated by just 0.190 sec.
Mathieu Jaminet (#28 Alegra Motorsports) qualified fastest in GT Daytona in his IMSA WeatherTech series debut, filling in for Michael Christensen who was at Spa in FIA World Endurance Championship competition. Jack Hawksworth gave 3GT Racing the best starting position of its debut season, putting his Lexus RCF second.
1. Ricky Taylor (USA) #10 Wayne Taylor Racing Cadillac DPi: 1:54.809
2. Johannes van Overbeek (USA) #33 Extreme Speed Motorsports Nissan DPi (+1.592)
3. Eric Curran (USA) #31 Action Express Racing Cadillac DPi (+1.620)
4. Christian Fittipaldi (Brazil) #5 Action Express Cadillac (+1.846)
5. Jose Gutierrez (Mexico) #52 PR1 Mathiasen Motorsports Ligier LMP2 (+2.075)
1. James French (USA) #38 Performance Tech Motorsports: 2:00.066
2. Stefan Wilson, #26 BAR1 Motorsports
3. Don Yount, #20 BAR1 Motorsports
1. John Edwards (USA) #24 BMW Team RLL M6: 2:02.833
2. Giancarlo Fisichella (Italy) #62 Risi Competitzione Ferrari 488 (+0.032)
3. Alexander Sims (Great Britain) #25 BMW (+0.157)
4. Ryan Briscoe (Australia) #67 Ford Chip Ganassi Racing GT (+0.181)
5. Dirk Mueller (Germany) #66 Ford (+0.190)
1. Mathieu Jaminet (Luxembourg) #28 Alegra Motorsports Porsche 911: 2:06.531
2. Jack Hawksworth (Great Britain) #15 3GT Racing Lexus RCF (+0.092)
3. Madison Snow (USA) #48 Paul Miller Racing Lamborghini Huracan (+1.193)
4. Corey Lewis (USA) #16 Change Racing Lamborghini (+1.226)
5. Patrick Lindsey (USA) #73 Park Place Motorsports Porsche 911 (+1.247)