If you build it, they will come. It worked out just fine in 'Field of Dreams' and it seems to be going well as a potential philosophy around here. I only say potential because so far we haven't spent much time philosophizing about what the hell we're up to here at GG HQ. But that's the way it should be. We are you. You are us. If we like it, we're 99% sure you will too. And if you don't, the other 1% does!
See how that works. Action, not words.
In that spirit, please allow me to introduc...
Dear Mr. Johns
I'm sure you get letters like this every single day. Every fanboy worth his salt has ideas for how to make your mega-events "better."
Given what you've been able to do with JSA, Hawkman and Green Lantern, we should all probably just sit back and let you do what you do.
Of course, we can't.
Everyone has opinions and ideas. Unlike you, most of us don't have the DC Universe at our fingertips to make our ideas reality.
With all that being said,...
If you could spend two days locked in your wood-panelled basement playing 'BlackOps' with anyone on earth, who would you choose?
Awwww....that's sweet. You'd choose your brother. But we said ANYONE on earth. That's right, look up slowly, take a deep breath, and now decide.
We thought you'd come around.
This week's cheesecake is none other than gamer-Geek extraordinaire Olivia Munn. If you're a regular viewer of G4 TV you're probably already familiar with Ms. Munn, hav...
If its Friday that must mean its time for us to, once again, travel the tubes and see what our merry band of Geeks has located for you.
Before we get down to that I want to drop a couple of kernels of knowledge on you.
First, Chris will be filling in for me on the LinkFrogging for the next couple of weeks. I've got some pressing "real world" issues that can't be avoided, so Chris has agreed to take the helm and pilot the vessel to glory. Much obliged.
Secondly, if you wa...
Well boys and girls, its a new year, and we are back.
The gang here at GonzoGeek took a little time off for the holidays (well, except for Matt).
Now we're recharged and ready to roll into the once (on-say). Think that will catch on?
Before we get to the links, we've got to introduce you to our very first slice of cheesecake of 2011. Say hello to Summer Glau.
Ms. Glau boasts quite a set of geek credentials. She played River Tam in Joss Whedon's Firefly a...
It's that time once again kids.
That's right, its the only time of year that Dan Fogelberg gets any regular airplay.
Thank the gods.
It's also the time of year when we look back and see where we've been and where we're heading. It was another good year for the Gonzo Compadres. You, our loyal reader(s), continue to check out our posts and, based on the increased readership this year, pass it along to your friends and neighbors. For that we thank you.
Last year ...
Can't have the Dark Knight being pasty white now can we?
Christmas is in the air kids.
Its also in my car, my house, my wallet and my kids.
Its been another fun year for us here at the 'Geek. We've seen our little site blossom and we're on the verge of taking another big step next year. Stay tuned.
In any event, this will be our final LinkFrogging of the year. We'll take next week off to celebrate Christmas and then, on New Year's Eve, we'll revisit our top ten posts of the year.
But before we sign off, I want to gi...
Welcome back cats and kittens.
Its Friday and time for the Gonzo Compadres to unleash some links upon you.
We are in the middle of the festive/hectic holiday season and I like to think that LinkFrogging can provide a moment of solace and an oasis of calm to each and every one of you on Friday's.
I'm not sure if that's true, but its what I like to think.
Before we begin our trip around the tubes, please say hello to this week's cheesecake, Maggie Grace.
<Casey Kasem Voic...
The caption really does say it all.