Jibbies & Loond love their metal. And lists are fun. Thus was the genesis of their Top 10 Metal Cover Songs project. As it turned out, the pool of metal is so deep and wide that the two didn’t have a single Top 10 song in common (Type O’s ‘Summer Breeze’ appeared on both lists, but outside of Loond’s Top 10). Given the lack of overlap, it only seemed right to present both lists. Combined, they give a great peak into metal’s love of the cover. And the fucke...
#LinkFrogging...and I feel fine!
Taking a look at rocker Tom Morello's Dark Horse comic.
Qualifying on the street circuit in Valencia, Spain, for Round 8 of the 2012 Formula 1 season kept nearly all of the hallmarks of the year intact, offering both the expected and the not-so-much in equal measure. On the expected side was a front row of Sebastian Vettel (Red Bull) and Lewis Hamilton (McLaren). Vettel has won both the pole and the race in Valencia the past 2 years as well as the last two polls in succession. This particular run to the top of the time charts tied him for third on th...
Earlier this year American Sharks issued its ‘Weedwizard’ 7” to enthusiastic response. Fans loved it. Critics loved it. Everybody wanted more. Word emerged that the enigmatic band would spend some time woodshedding this summer to get a proper full-length out. Jibbies & Loond decided it was time to investigate and American Sharks vocalist/guitarist Mike Hardin and drummer Nick Cornetti were happy to oblige.
J&L: ‘Weedwizard’ was a great introduction for thos...
#LinkFrogging...always on the hunt!
Hunter gets a little rant-y and obscenity-y about the Miami Heat's NBA Championship win.
Time to @askaluchador. Rey Swanko is back with more advice straight from the mind of the Swankador!
Stephe starts the Trek countdown with a review of Star Trek: The Motion Picture. Only 10 more to go.
There’s definitely somewhat of a tradition for Metal bands to do cover songs. Whether they be other Metal songs or not Metal at all. And it’s always uber-exciting when a band makes a cover song their very own. When they do it so well, that you like that version better than the original. The point though is to capture the essence of the original work and put your twist, character, and take on it and make it into something brand new. That is the theme of this week’s episode. So join your Metal comrades as they discuss and count down their favorite cover songs performed by some of their favorite Metal bands.
01. Warrel Dane - Lucretia My Reflection (Sisters Of Mercy)
02. I.N.C - Just What I Needed/Candy-O (The Cars)
03. Celtic Frost - Mexican Radio (Wall of voodoo)
04. Dead Horse - Rock lobster (B 52’s)
05. Exodus - Low Rider (W.A.R)
06. The Accused - Saturday Night Special (Lynyrd Skynyrd)
07. Heathen - Kill the King (Rainbow)
08. Coroner - I Want You, She’s so Heavy (Beatles)
09. Prong - Get a Grip on Yourself (The Stranglers)
10. Hallows Eve - Shear Heart Attack (Queen)
11. Flotsam & Jetsam - Saturday Nights Alright For Fighting (Elton John)
12. Type O Negative - Summer Breeze (Seals & Crofts)
13. Excel - Message in a Bottle (The Police)
14. Engine - Fascination Street (The Cure)
15. Scatterbrain - Sonata #3 (Mozart)
16. Mordred - Super Freak (Rick James)
17. Anthrax - 18 (Alice Cooper)
18. Exodus - Bitch (Rolling Stones)
19. Exodus - Pump It Up (Elvis Costello)
20. Coroner - Purple Haze (Jimi Hendrix)
Horns Up! - J&L
Click 'Read more...' link to listen
Follow Jibbies on Twitter @MetalJibbies
This episode and all previous episodes available on iTunes
Music featured this episode:
Warrel Dane - Lucretia My Reflection
I.N.C - Just What I Needed/Candy-O
Exodus - Low Rider
The Accused - Saturday Night Special
Hallows Eve - Shear Heart Attack
Type O Negative - Summer Breeze
Celtic Frost - Mexican Radio
Judas Priest - The Green Manalishi (With The Two Pronged Crown)